SIYHA Parent/Fan Code of Conduct
- Children are involved in organized sports for their enjoyment. I will encourage and support my child’s desire to play his/her chosen sport but will not pressure him/her into participating.
- I will not place unreasonable expectations on my child.
- I will support and promote Fair Play by encouraging my child to play by the rules. I will display good sportsmanship by applauding a good effort by both teams in victory and defeat, and respecting players, coaches, and officials.
- I will remember that the game is fun. I will not taunt or disturb other fans, or embarrass my child by yelling at players, coaches, or officials.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my young athlete.
- I will remember that “wins” are based on my child’s effort, teamwork, and playing within the rules.
- I understand that it is my role to teach my child sportsmanship, how to deal with success and failure, and to support my child’s development in the game.
- I will strive to become knowledgeable about the rules of the game and support the official’s decisions on and off the ice.
- I will always applaud a good effort in both victory and defeat, and enforce the positive points of the game. I will never yell at or physically abuse my child after a game or practice.
- I will recognize the importance of VOLUNTEER coaches and will take the time to attend team meetings to get to know my child’s coach’s philosophy, expectations, and guidelines. I will communicate with my child’s coaches, support them, and respect their decisions.
- I understand that when my child is on the ice, the coaches do the coaching. I will not yell instructions to my child from the sidelines or give my child instructions counter to those of the coach.
- I will respect locker rooms as private areas for players, coaches, and officials.
Click the delete icon again to confirm. Click escape to cancel.